Pizza Dough recipe
Heres a Pizza Dough Recipe that works! We use this dough recipe with great success. An easy reliable way to make pizza dough is to just follow these steps.
(Makes 6ish 25cm pizzas) Roll or stretch dough out to approximately 3mm thick. We hand stretch but it is up to you as you may want to just use a roller. Hand stretched dough has more of a traditional look and texture and preferred. Give it a go!
4 cup High-grade flour (many options and many types so experiment) Tipo 00 Flour is Italy’s favourite.
2 teaspoon Dry yeast ( bread makers yeast a MUST) try different brands as they give different results.
1 teaspoon Salt
1 & ⅔ cups warm water. You can adjust this by teaspoon amounts to suit your flour brand and type.
2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Pour warm water into a bowl
2. Add yeast and allow to sit in a warm place for 10 minutes
3. Add flour, oil and combine until evenly mixed (add salt as late as possible as it effects the yeast slightly)
4. Kneed the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Or a bread maker on dough only. Make sure dough is still a little sticky.
5. Create dough balls approx 150-200 grams in size. Neatly form the balls by folding and place separately with space between them to expand on or in a container which can be covered.
6. Leave in a dry place until raised. Your dough can sit in the fridge for two or three days at this stage or in the pantry for the one day of use. You can also oil the dough balls to stop it creating a skin. The dough needs time to rise and create air bubbles within itself. Experiment with timing at this stage.
7. The fist step of stretching is one motion and to keep the air within the dough. Rolling the dough has only one step.
8. Second step is stretching after at least 10 minutes.
10. Add toppings of your choice and slide off board and into your Authentic Oven
Dough made in the same day can be frozen and used at a later stage.
To make this pizza dough recipe in the bread maker simply add ingredients, set machine to dough setting and wait until dough has risen. Adjusting mixture to suit you is recommended but always have this recipe as a back up;)
Good luck! Have fun
From the team at Authentic Oven